-->

10/12/2014

Review : Mary Lambert : New album : Heart On My Sleeve


I really like the songs of this girl from Seattle. I think that she is authentic and her songs are fresh. The world needs more artists like her that focus in the music and lyrics. My favorite song is the number one: Secrets. Her voice is beautiful. You have to see the video. I like her hair color and lipstick. She expresses all the things that reflect her life. It´s like a liberation. In an interview she says:

“I felt like there were a lot of songs coming out about self-empowerment and challenging beauty standards, and I wanted to write a song along those same lines, but in my voice,” she explains. “It's easy to paint a pretty picture and tell everyone to love themselves, but it's way more complicated than that. There is so much shame and guilt in our society, and I think it has deprived a lot of people from living fully.

We're all facing battles. We've all had someone who has hurt us, so let's talk about it. I believe vulnerability is what will save the world. I wanted to point the lens at myself in hopes of inspiring others to do the same. This song is my dirty laundry, and that's actually really freeing. Now I can walk around with accidental pieces of bagel in my bra and eat it anyway.” 

I like her message to all her fans. I also think that she is a real artist, because these days I don´t know what happened that all the artists are more into  being almost naked on the stage and shaking their zones than worried in writing and composing music. She is a good influence for the young generations because she inspires to be yourself no matter what others say. She is not following patterns. Bravo! The chorus of the song is going to be all day in your head. It´s so good!

"They tell us from the time we're young / To hide the things we don't like about ourselves / Inside ourselves / I'm not the only one / Who spent so long attempting to be someone else / Well I’m over it / I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are."

You will like the whole album. You can download it here:

Album pre-order sites on iTunes and Amazon.  

* iTunes:    http://bit.ly/MaryHeart




Follow Mary Lambert
Official Mary Lambert Website – www.marylambertsings.com  

Twitter – @marylambertsing 




#HeartOnMySleeve #O2O 
Stay beautiful and keep singing! 
XoXo
Onena Carpente


I participated in the Mary Lambert Heart On My Sleeve album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.   

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr


No comments: